SmartGlass is definitely one of the best features Microsoft has come up with in its bid to expand the range and conception of a gaming console, and is probably the best instance of universal second screen gaming done right. Microsoft doesn’t just rest on its laurels either, and keeps updating the app on all the platforms it is available on to ensure it stays relevant.
Their newest update does just that, and makes the app, along with its very core, base, fundamental idea, very appealing. Along the list of new features added is included:
- Like a Game Clip
- Like an item in the activity feed
- View items that have been shared to you from a message
- Purchase Xbox One games & add-ons
- Browse for recent and popular games & add-ons
- General stability and polish improvements
- Bug fixes
- Some features may require a console update to take full advantage of them
- Improved Feedback tools that no longer use email
Sounds like Xbox is slowly and slowly moving towards being more like Facebook.