Switch gamers have been exploring Alrest and the cloud sea since the December 1 launch of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in all regions, but the development team’s work isn’t quite done yet. Director Tetsuya Takahashi has outlined the 1.1.1 update the team is launching on December 20 to squash some bugs, add some much needed QoL improvements and bring an easy mode to the Tiger! Tiger! minigames, needed to upgrade one of the main characters.
Translated for us by Perfectly Nintendo, the Production Notes blog post also outlines a few glitches that players should be wary of in the meantime, the exact setups appear to be fairly fringe cases, but worth watching out for anyways. The update will also add a shortcut for fast travel and a better Mini-map. Those who purchased the expansion pass can also look forward to an item drop.
If you weren’t aware of the expansion pass and the year of additional content for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, you can learn more about it right here. Are you still enjoying the game? Let us know in the comments below.
- if you watch the “Something in Common” (Chapter One: Encounters) cutscene in the Event Theatre, then return to the game, a glitch will make the camera sway and it will stay like that until you restart the game. If you happen to save, then you will be stuck in swaying camera hell. Therefore, if you happen to watch the cutscene, make sure not to save, and restart the game instead (even if that means losing progress);
- if you get the quest item Healing Herb (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 12:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);
- if you get the quest item Pure White Helmet (English name TBC) for one of the quests in the Gormott Province at 7:00, then it will not be added to the Quest Log (basically preventing you from completing the quest);
- Easy Mode will be added to the Tiger! Tiger! mini-game
- pressing the X button will immediately bring you to the map of the area you’re currently in, on the Skip Travel screen;
- improvements will be made to the mini-map overlay (by pressing the L stick), improving the visibility of your surroundings.