Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Update v1.4.0 Available Now, Patch Notes Revealed
New Rare Blades, Poppi Buster and T-elos, now available.
Monolith Soft’s Xenoblade Chronicles 2 continues to receive updates and patches for fixing bugs and adding new features. The next update, v.1.4.0, has been available as of April 27th and brought two new Rare Blades – Poppi Buster and T-elos. Patch notes have been released for the update, which can be seen below.
Among the new features added include the ability to sort Blades based on “Driver”, “Trust” and “Field Skill” categories. Accessories can also be sorted based on “Type”. Once you’ve cleared the main story, a star will appear next to your money. From that point on, T-elos can be created by random crystal bonding. Don’t get frustrated if RNG isn’t on your side. Furthermore, there are traveling bards in New Game Plus who will exchange any bonus EXP for rare Poppi parts.
More content will be comoing for Expansion Pass holders with new quests, more Rare Blades, challenge battles and even an Extreme difficulty to provide an even tougher gameplay experience. We should more information on those in the coming months so stay tuned.
- Fixed an issue causing the rare blade Dagas to disappear if bonded with a driver other than Rex, but engaged with Rex when starting a New Game Plus.
- If Dagas has disappeared, downloading the latest update will cause him to be restored.
- Fixed an issue causing Adenine’s blade quest, “Limits of Awareness” to advance automatically after continuing when the Ver. 1.3.1 update had been applied.
- Fixed an issue that rarely prevented Skip Travel when on the Skip Travel screen
- Fixed an issue causing the Recover Recharge effect from Mythra’s skill, Lightspeed Flurry, not to occur when used as a Special.
Changes and New Features
- Added the sorting categories “Driver,” “Trust,” and “Field Skill” to the Blade List.
- Added the sorting category “Type” to the list of Accessories.
- After having cleared the game’s main story, once a star appears next to your current money in the menu the rare blade, T-elos can be bonded from core crystals at random.
- Numerous traveling bards have been added that will exchange bonus EXP for Poppi’s rare parts when playing New Game Plus.
- Added functionality to receive the first additional rare blade from the Expansion Pass, Poppibuster.
– Poppibuster is a special blade, and the quest rare blade quest “Shiny New Power” must be completed to a certain point before Poppibuster can be engaged.