Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launched last week to plenty of hype and anticipation, and it’s been no surprise to see it getting off to a great start on both critical and commercial fronts. As per the weekly Japanese physical sales charts released by Famitsu, the open world action RPG was the best-selling game last week with three days on the market, with over 112,000 units sold.
That means it has enjoyed the best ever launch for a Xenoblade Chronicles game in Japan to date, outpacing the launch sales of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (which sold over 97,000 units in the region upon release), Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (over 90,000 units), and the Wii U’s Xenoblade Chronicles X (over 88,000 units). Xenoblade Chronicles 3 enjoyed a similar release in the UK, where it debuted on top of the region’s weekly charts and saw the series’ best ever launch in the region. The game also topped the Switch eShop charts on debut.
Meanwhile, another new launch in the top 10 this week is Digimon Survive. The Nintendo Switch version of the game comes in at second place with over 28,000 units sold. The PS4 version, interestingly, is not in the top 10, which means it’s sold less at launch than the game placed tenth in these charts, which is the Switch version of Minecraft with over 9,800 units sold. Meanwhile, LIVE A LIVE, which debuted on top of the charts last week, has dropped to No. 5, selling over 14,000 units in its second week.
On the hardware front, all systems saw an increase in sales. The Nintendo Switch is the best-selling platform once more with over 73,000 units sold, with the PS5 following behind, having moved over 39,000 units over the course of the week. The Xbox Series X/S, meanwhile, sold nearly 9,000 units.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending July 31 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 112,728 (New)
- [NSW] Digimon Survive – 28,536 (New)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 24,966 (623,493)
- [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set – 17,209 (217,472)
- [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 14,098 (85,235)
- [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 – 12,453 (139,888)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 11,542 (4,745,609)
- [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 11,201 (823,909)
- [NSW] Tengoku Struggle: Strayside – 10,912 (New)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 9,873 (2,727,866)
Hardware sales (last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 73,238 (69,374)
- PS5 – 39,336 (11,194)
- Xbox Series X/S – 8,988 (5,012)
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)