Counter Strike Source Limited Beta
Posted By Acid | On 12th, May. 2010 Under News
Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source where all the technologies inside of Team Fortress 2 have been applied to Counter Strike!
- 100+ achievements
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
- Many source engine update
It at first seems like just another CSS however… looking further into it show a large set of upgrades
such as TF2 Style kill-cams Player-stats Weapon-stats even motion blur and the TF2 domination system!
Also bundled with this upgrade are 100+ new achievements!
Sadly it’s a limited beta and all of the current places have been taken. If you are one of the lucky few to get the game, feel free to contact me via our official steam group for a match at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gaming-Bolt
For the official PR see below:
COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE UPDATE NOW IN BETA
Available immediately, Valve has launched an extensive update to Counter-Strike: Source, now in beta.
The update includes a host of new features and functionality developed in collaboration with Hidden Path Studios. These include 144 new achievements, a new domination and revenge system, player stats, and more.
This beta will run for a limited time, and once complete, the update will be deployed to all Counter-Strike: Source owners for free via Steam.
For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.