Forza Motorsport 5 Mega Guide: Upgrades, Mod A Car, Customization And More
A complete guide for Forza Motorsport 5.
This is a complete guide for the Xbox One exclusive Forza Motorsport 5. Using this guide you will be able to mod a car, paint your engine bay, customize your car, fastest/expensive car, learn about different upgrades for engine, rim/tires, handling and why you should not use the auto upgrade feature.
Forza Motorsport 5 is yet another solid entry and is one of the strongest launch titles on Microsoft’s next generation console, the Xbox One. Running at a native 1080p resolution and a slick sixty frames per second, Forza Motorsport 5 is a true show case of the potential of the Xbox One.
How to mod a car:
The video guide below will help you understand the basics behind modifying performance and styling a car in Forza Motorsport 5.
How To Paint Your Engine Bay
Interested in painting your engine bay? The video guide below will show you the way.
Why you should not use auto upgrade:
If you are interested in upgrading your cars in Forza Motorsport 5 then stay away from auto upgrading them. It does an awful job by applying totally random parts.
Customization: All Cars, Upgrades, Wheels/Rims and Paint Options
The video below shows the various upgrades, cars and paint options that the player can come across while playing through Forza Motorsport 5.
Forza Motorsport 5 features an extensive engine upgrade system where the player can tune up more than 10 different parameters.
- Fuel System: This is once again related to the horsepower for your car. Basically your car will efficiently utilize fuel to give best performance.
- Air Filters: Upgrading this will improve the car’s horsepower and for some reason your car will sound better.
- Intake Manifold: As the name indicates this is what connects the fuel with the engine. A better intake manifold will improve engine performance.
- Throttle Body: It controls the air flow within the engine.
- Camshaft: This is highly dependent on the player’s style of driving. Players who rev their engines more need a bigger camshaft which will directly increase torque. On the other hand, players who don’t rev their engines too much will do with a smaller camshaft.
- Valves: They control gas intake and release. Better valves will obviously improve car’s performance.
- Displacement: This will reduce friction within engine improving horsepower.
- Ignition: Gives a good start and car will efficiently utilize fuel to give best performance.
- Exhaust: Waste gases or air expelled more efficiently from the engine.
- Pistons: This is more of trade off parameter. Higher compression pistons will increase horsepower but will reduce efficiency. Again this will depend on your driving style.
- Oil and Cooling: It’s obvious that with a better cooling and oiling system your car will give you more performance on the track.
- Flywheel: Opt for lighter ones since those won’t slow your speed down.
The amount of air flowing through the car can be controller through a front and a rear wing. This will control the car’s speed and is one of the major factors why the car does not take off like a airplane and stays on the ground. In Forza Motorsport 5 you can adjust the front bumper/wing’s height so as to control the amount of air that will flow beneath the car. This will determine the amount of down-force required to keep the car on the ground. The rear wing on the other hand balances the downforce but be aware that it may also create drag due to the air’s resistance and reduce the speed.
Drivetrain connects the transmission to the drive axles. If you go ahead with this upgrade, please be aware that you will lose all of your upgrades. This will improve your vehicle’s handling. This is further divided into for the following parts:
Aspiration Swap will improve the car’s horsepower.
These are fairly obvious type of upgrades and has the following parts available for upgrades:
- Anti-Roll Bars: These provide stability.
- Weight Reduction: As the name indicates, this upgrade reduces the overall weight of the car by replacing some of the parts with lighter version.
- Brakes: Upgraded brakes means you can brake late in the corner giving you much better grip.
- Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage: This improves the integrity and the rigidity of the vehicle.
- Springs and Dampers: Springs will improve the suspension system and Dampers will make sure that the horsepower is efficient.
Fastest and the most expensive car in the game:
The 2013 Lotus E21 Formula One car is the fastest and the most expensive car in Forza Motorsport 5. It will take the player literally hours to get one. You can get one via ‘car tokens’ but it may set you back by a minimum of £32.50.
Note: This guide will updated once we have more information about the game.