New Unreal Engine 4 details are here
New details on Epic’s Unreal Engine 4 have arrived in the latest issue of Game Informer, (via GAF) and it’s looking pretty good. They’re given below, have a look.
- Epic talked with hardware manufacturers like Intel, AMD, Nvidia and Qualcomm to workout a tech road map
- The demo GI saw was running on a single Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
- New image based Lens Flare tech, occurs dynamically
- UE4 capable of producing one million particles at once with no hit to game peformance
- Planning to release UE4 dev kit soon
- Epic wants “to empower game designers, to take charge of as much of the game production process as possible”
- “Next gen will be about a lot of things besides just next-gen graphics performance”
- UE4 being designed for a decade that starts with the advent of next gen consoles
- Entire creation process streamlined. Designers can edit and recompile source code without leaving the editor, take control of the game anytime they want.
- “New interface empowers designers to tweak basic programming without having to call over a programmer, tech artists will be able to create complex assets and programmers can expose certain values for designers as needed to give them access to simple tweaks.”
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.