PS4 Slim Specifications Revealed: 2.1 Kg Weight, 500 GB and 1 TB Options Confirmed
Reductions to power consumption and volume revealed.
The hardware specifications for the PlayStation 4 Slim have been revealed courtesy of Sony. The CUH-2000 PS4 SKU is notable for its reduced weight and dimensions but it will also offer two different HDD configurations – 500 GB and 1 TB. Pricing is yet to be revealed for these however.
The PS4 Slim will release on September 15th for $299 and will replace the current base model going forward. Along with a redesigned look, the PS4 Slim also offers better energy efficiency. It promises a 30 percent reduction in volume compared to previous models and a 16 percent decrease in weight compared to the CUH-1200. Furthermore, it will consume 28 percent less power than the CUH-1200.
Check out the full specifications for the console below courtesy of Sony Interactive Entertainment and let us know your thoughts on the PS4 Slim in the comments. Meanwhile, stay tuned for more information on how the PS4 Pro, out in November for $399, will offer a different experience from the base PS4.
Contents of the box:
- “PlayStation 4” console (HDD 500GB, color: Jet Black) × 1
- Wireless controller (DUALSHOCK 4) Jet Black (CUH-ZCT2) × 1
- Monaural headset × 1
- Power cord × 1
- HDMI cable × 1
- USB cable × 1
- Main processor: Custom-Chip Single Processor
CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 Cores
GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon Based Graphics Engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Hard disk: 500GB × 1
- External dimensions:About 265mm × 39mm × 288mm (width × height × depth)
- Weight: About 2.1kg
- Optical drive (read-only):
BD 6-speed CAV
DVD 8 speed CAV
- Input and output:
Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen1 ) port 2 ×
AUX port × 1
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 A / B / G / N / Ac
Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
- Power Supply: AC 100V, 50 / 60Hz
- Power Consumption: Up to 165W
- Operating Temperature: 5 ℃ – 35 ℃
- AV output: HDMI output (HDR output supported)