RAGE has been patched for the PC, which introduces a lot of fixes for the issues surrounding the game. RAGE PC was a mess when released, which had a lot of problems from texture streaming issues to graphical abnormalities. The main thing was the problem with the AMD drivers. Check out the patch notes here.
The patch adds a texture cache option, which allows you to increase the texture cache size, allowing more data in the video memory and the minor patch fixes are detailed below.
Patch Changes / Fixes
– Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic
on Win 7 32-bit systems.
– Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.
– Don’t allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not
exposed because it may crash.
– Support for new video settings: “texture cache”, “vsync” and
– Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.
– Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.
– Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.
– Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.
– Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.
– Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.