AMD have released a brand new driver for its graphics cards- they really are getting a better hang of this whole ‘drivers’ thing (the one area where they have consistently lagged behind rival and chief competitor Nvidia), aren’t they?
According to the patch notes for this update, the update improves performance by up to 35% in Quantum Break on Radeon R9 Fury X than with Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2- so if you are planning on playing Microsoft’s latest major PC release, make sure you have this driver installed.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Highlights
- Quantum Break
- Up to 35% faster performance using Quantum Break on Radeon R9 Fury X than with Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2
- Oculus Rift
- HTC Vive
- Frame rate capping issues experienced in some DirectX12 applications is resolved.
- Hitman may experience flickering when played in DirectX 11 mode using high game shadow settings.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”
- Need For Speed may experience poor scaling or flickering in AMD Crossfire mode. As a work around users can disable the profile through the Radeon Settings game manager.
- The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Power efficiency toggle in Radeon Settings is showing up for some unsupported products.
- XCOM2 users may experience an application crash when using AMD Crossfire mode. As a work around please disable AMD Crossfire for the games profile in the Radeon Settings Gaming tab.
- Some DX9 applications cannot disable AMD Crossfire mode through Radeon Settings.
- A small subset of AMD Radeon R9 380 users may be experiencing slower than expected fan speeds. A work around is to raise your fan speeds through AMD Overdrive in Radeon Settings manually to a desired amount.
- HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon Settings on some system configurations.
Quantum Break is now available on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs. The new AMD driver update can be downloaded from here.