Along with providing updated Switch hardware numbers, Nintendo also revealed updated sales figures for its best-selling first-party titles on the platform. To no one’s surprise, Mario Kart 8: Deluxe continues to dominate with 28.99 million units sold till date. But it’s crazy that Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which launched in March this year, has sold 26.04 million units.
With Nintendo pushing out regular updates for the title – and more to come as Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner – it likely won’t be long before it overtakes Mario Kart 8: Deluxe. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has sold 21.10 million units while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sold 19.74 million units, inching ever closer to that 20 million mark.
Pokemon Sword and Shield, which will be celebrating their first anniversary this month, have also done very well with 19.02 million units sold. Check out the top 10 best-selling first-party Switch titles (as of September 30th) below. Stay tuned for more updated sales numbers from Nintendo in the meantime.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 28.99 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 26.04 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 21.10 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 19.74 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 19.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.99 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.49 million
- Super Mario Party – 12.10 million
- Splatoon 2 – 11.27 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 8.32 million