Larian Studios has released the fourth major patch for Baldur’s Gate 3, containing over 1000 fixes and some new features. Three Colorblind Mode settings are available – protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia – which change the colors of portrait frames, character outlines, map icons and more. You can also now customize the appearance of Hirelings and dismiss dead avatars to Withers’ Wardrobe.
Other changes include casting Speak With Dead again if you couldn’t ask questions for the first time, Scratch being able to fetch “pretty much everything”, and an option to hold the button for End Turn on controller instead of tapping it. There are also more autosaves in the Shadow-Cursed Lands, Wyrm’s Crossing and Lower City.
One of the better quality-of-life changes is using sponges and soap to clean the party if the sheer amount of blood and gore appears too unsightly. Check out some of the patch notes below and full notes here for more details.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is out on PS5 and PC. It’s earned extensive acclaim and most notably contributed to increased revenue for Hasbro and Wizards of the Coast. The Xbox Series X/S version is still on track to release this year.
Version Number: v184.108.40.20682084
- You can now dismiss dead avatars to Withers’ Wardrobe. Withers will now also explain how the wardrobe works.
- You can now customise hirelings’ appearance when recruiting them.
- Colour-blind mode: We’ve added a setting to the Accessibility tab that will allow you to choose protanopia, deuteranopia, or tritanopia. This affects the colours used to distinguish factions and relations: map and minimap icons, portrait frames, and character outlines and circles.
- Refined Scratch’s fetch behaviour. He will now fetch… pretty much everything.
- Archfey warlocks now get a choice of cantrip at Level 4 as intended.
- Updated the mechanics of Speak with Dead so that you can cast it again if you didn’t ask any questions the first time. (For example, if you’re told the corpse doesn’t want to speak to its killer, and then you cast the spell again in Wild Shape.)
- At Level 6, Knowledge Domain clerics will now correctly gain ‘Channel Divinity: Read Thoughts’, Nature Domain clerics will now correctly gain ‘Dampen Elements’, and Trickery Domain clerics will now correctly gain ‘Channel Divinity: Cloak of Shadows’.
- When you purchase a statue from Boney in the circus, you can now choose to make it look like you in full equipment, in camp clothes, or naked.
- Scratch’s ball will now be harder to lose. If you lost his ball, go see him at camp and he might give it back. (Ball warranty voided for chasm-related accidents.)
- Added a controller option so that, if you want, you can have the End Turn button require a hold instead of a tap.
- Fixed the Enemy of Justice condition sometimes applying when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where assaulting someone while Invisible would still cause a guard to spot you and start a dialogue with you if there was a civilian nearby.
- Halsin will no longer spontaneously decide it’d be fun to turn into a bear before he talks to you in Act I.
- Added more autosaves in the Shadow-Cursed Lands and to several Wyrm’s Crossing and Lower City locations, including the Steel Watch Foundry, Iron Throne, and Rivington.
- Licking the hunk of spider meat in the Gauntlet of Shar might make you sick. You should have listened to Gale.
- You can now read the recipe for the Emperor’s favourite soup.
- You can now use sponges and soaps to clean up your party members, removing grime, blood, and bad odours!