Larian Studios has detailed the next big patch for Baldur’s Gate 3 early access which sees in-game cinematics receiving more polish. Along with fixes for certain scenes, the developer has also revamped others. Certain scenes, like a particular song, have been re-composed and look even better than before.
Other fixes and changes include optimizing sound settings for better performance on systems with lesser hardware; new tutorial messages for combat; better timing of some of the tutorial messages; and much more. You’ll also find that the Attack of Opportunity indicator will be hidden when dealing with invisible foes. The list of improvements can be seen below.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is currently in early access for PC and Stadia. The first act is available, providing some 25 hours of content to play through, and the developer is looking to stay in early access for about a year. However, it’s also adamant on releasing the game when it’s done so it’s possible that the full launch could happen even later. Stay tuned for more updates in the meantime.
- Optimized overall sound settings to improve performance on lower spec machines
- Added polish to several in-game cinematics
- Attack of Opportunity indicator is now correctly hidden for invisible enemies
- Improved timing of some tutorial messages
- Improved usability of skill selection in character creation
- Added new tutorial messages related to combat
- Listening to other players’ dialogs now correctly shows the other players’ dice rolls
- The reason for a waypoint being unavailable is now displayed on the map
- Party members now correctly cancel their spell prepare state when switching to another character
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)