Battlefield 5 Will Get Private Servers With Upcoming Update
Private servers return to the franchise.
Battlefield 5 launched at the end of last year to solid reviews (you can check out ours here). But one of the key criticisms was its lack of content. EA and DICE have worked a good deal on beefing up the content since then, with the biggest update coming with the Firestorm mode (which was Battlefield’s biggest live service event ever), the series’ take on the battle royale genre.
That said, one omission that was puzzling, among many, was the lack of private servers. It’d been a staple of the franchise, but with Battlefield 5 they were absent, with neither party giving committal answers about whether it would come. Now, though, it seems they are ready to remedy that.
Via the game’s official Reddit, DICE announced that private servers will return, rebranded as Private Games. They will launch for free, along with other features (you can see the full list below), in the game’s next update. They don’t say when the update will launch, but mention that it will be talked about at EA Play this year, so we may get a date there.
Battlefield V is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. You can also check out some upcoming content that was recently datamined here.
- Create private game from main menu
- Set custom name for the server
- Set description for the server
- Password protect the server
- Control what maps are used within the map rotation
- Control what game modes are available
- Control the number of players needed to break pre-round
- Kick players from the current game
- Control what classes are available
- Control what weapons are allowed
- Control if vehicles are allowed
- Control if the kill cam will be displayed
- Turn friendly fire on or off
- Turn regenerative health on or off
- Change soldier tags as visible or not
- Enable or disable third-person camera view
- Enable squad leader spawn only
- Enable or disable aim assist auto rotation
- Enable or disable aim assist cooldown
- Control bullet damage scaling
- Control game mode ticket scaling
- Control soldier and vehicle respawn timers
- Turn the mini map on or off
- Enable or disable the compass
- Apply a pre-set config to a private game
- Vanilla, Infantry only, DICE-authored etc.
- Save your server settings as a custom preset so you can reapply at will
- Have your name highlighted in chat if you’re the owner of the server
- Administrate and manage server settings in the main menu or via our Private Games web portal
- Have the description of your Private Game presented on the loading screen
- Manually switch specific players between teams
- Report private games in the advanced search screen