Gearbox Software has released its first hotfix for Borderlands 3 post-launch. This isn’t the update that will resolve performance issues, unfortunately. However, it does go about patching several loot farming spots and toning down the effectiveness of sticky ammo damage from Torgue shotguns.
Pretty much every loot farming spot has been affected in this hotfix. Eridium in the Voracious Canopy now grows less frequently. The Chupacabratch drops less loot. Even the Loot Tinks near the Mansion on Eden-6 have had their spawn rate “adjusted” to make them more special.
If that weren’t enough, the amount of loot drops has been scaled down in Mayhem Mode. This could indicate that less loot will drop but it will be of higher quality overall. We’ll have to wait and see. It’s not all bad though – the sounds of pain that Troy makes during his boss fight have been removed, thankfully. Check out the full hotfix notes below.
- Yellow paint has been added to Ambermire to mark a more obvious path to complete the Sabotage Crew Challenge.
- The New-U Station in front of the Halcyon Suborbital Spaceport (used during the “Space-Laser Tag” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The New-U Station in front of Titian’s Gate (used during the “Atlas, At Last” Mission) in the Meridian Metroplex now has a larger activation range.
- The first Guardian a player runs into during the “Beneath the Meridian” mission is no longer over-leveled.
- The Eridian chest by the Grotto in the Jakob’s Estate is no longer invisible.
- Eridium crystals in Voracious Canopy grow less frequently.
- Scaled down the amount of loot drops in Mayhem Mode.
- Torgue shotgun sticky damage has been reduced.
- Reduced E-Tech shotgun elemental damage from “flesh off your bones” to “a lot”.
- Chupacabratch dropped too much of his hard-earned loot.
- Adjusted spawn rate of Loot Tinks in Mansion. They’re special again.
- Removed pain-sounds from Troy for his boss fight.
Hotfixes are applied at the Game Menu when you start the game. To ensure that the hotfix has been applied, go to the in-game menu and see if “updates are available” showing.