Marvelous’ Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town tops the charts with over 200k copies sold.
Famitsu has released last week’s data for video game software and hardware sales in Japan. On the software front, there were a couple of major new releases, and the top 2 positions have been taken by games making their debuts in the charts. In first place is Marvelous’ life sim Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, which sold over 202,000 units on its debut.
Meanwhile, Square Enix’s Switch exclusive Bravely Default 2 comes in at second place, selling over 93,000 units within the first three days of it launch. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, which has been a strong performer in the charts ever since it launched a few weeks back, is in third place, with sales of over 74,000 units.
On the hardware front, the Switch leads the pack once again, to little surprise, selling over 78,000 units. The PS5 also sees a noticeable jump in its sales, having moved over 33,000 units in Japan throughout last week.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending February 28 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
1. [NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town – 202,396 (New)
2. [NSW] Bravely Default II – 93,061 (New)
3. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 74,811 (422,784)
4.[NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! – 40,610 (1,974,795)
5. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 19,032 (2,413,077)
6. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 13,575 (3,699,547)
7. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 13,332 (6,668,414)
8. [NSW] Uta no Prince-sama Debut for Nintendo Switch – 10,588 (New)
9. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 9,957 (4,175,273)
10. [NSW] Minecraft – 9,386 (1,834,873)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
Nintendo Switch – 78,049 (74,298)
PS5 – 33,838 (25,037)
PS4 – 3,217 (2,949)
Xbox Series X/S – 1,487 (230)
3DS – 673 (827)