While we wait for more details about 2019’s entry in the annual Call of Duty series, 2018’s Black Ops 4 is continuing its updates, with the newest one, 1.17, live now. The primary additions of this update are the new Specialist, which they teased at the end of last month, maps, and Zombie mode gauntlets.
Detailed via Reddit, you can see a partial list of the patch notes below. The main new feature is the addition of Spectre, a Specialist returning from Black Ops 3. Multiplayer maps Masquerade, Artifact, and WMD have been added. Blackout map, Wetworks, update is live, flooding several areas on it to change things up. In regards to Zombies, a new Gauntlet comes with the update, Super Blood Wolf Moon. Some of the updates are available first on PS4 (they are specified in the notes).
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The update is live now on all platforms, with the PS4 exclusive content coming at a later date to the other platforms.
- New Specialist: Spectre
- Black Ops Pass Multiplayer maps:
- New Game Mode: Prop Hunt (arriving Friday, May 3rd)
- Tuning changes for SMGs, Specialist, and Scorestreaks.
- New Map Updates:
- Wetworks: Hydro Dam has been sabotaged and the map has flooded
- Alcatraz: Improvements to gameplay flow and layout
- New Game Mode: Bounty Hunter
- New Equipment: DART
- New Gauntlet: “Super Blood Wolf Moon”
- New Mystery Box Weapon: Tigershark LMG
- New Feature: Classic Elixir Restock
- New Customization Items:
- Death Effects
- Weapon Charms
- New Weapons:
- Tigershark LMG
- Nifo’Oti Melee Weapon
- New Mastercrafts, MKIIs & Camos
- New Specialist Outfits, War Paints, Gestures & Jump Packs