Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update Brings +70 Crash Fixes and Improvements to Zombies
Massive update adds double XP for all modes, weapon balance changes, and more.
Treyarch has brought yet another massive update to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. In addition to Nuketown finally being playable on Xbox One and PC, with a Featured Playlist dedicated to the map, there are numerous fixes and improvements to Zombies as well. If you’ve been worried about crashes, don’t be- the update boasts over 70 fixes and gameplay improvements for a much more stable experience.
In the Featured category, TDM 100 has also been added. This is essentially Team Deathmatch, but with a score limit of 100, thus fulfilling many a fan’s request. Scorestreaks have seen their requirements reduced when using the COMSEC Device, but the amount of points provided from all Scorestreak kills has also been reduced, from 25 to 10. How this will affect the flow of matches remains to be seen, but it might provide less Hellstorm Missiles to worry about.
As for weapon balance changes, Submachine Guns have received some changes. The Spitfire, Cordite, MX9, and GKS all now have reduced damage within certain ranges, and previous ADS (aim-down-sights) move speed has been restored to its previous value. Still, if you’re fighting a Spitfire user, you might want to keep your distance.
Check out some of the patch notes below, or the full in-depth notes here.
XBOX ONE / PC
The following updates are now live on Xbox One and PC:
- Nuketown added to rotation in MP playlists.
- Nuketown Featured Playlist added (6v6 Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Domination, Hardpoint).
To celebrate the launch of Nuketown, Zombies now spawn on Nuketown Island with a new Zombies Stash spawn location behind the Nuketown sign for a limited time.
Blackjack’s Shop added to the Black Market.
We’ve made the following updates to the game on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow on Nov. 21:
- Nuketown added to rotation in MP playlists.
- Updated Clan Tag and Kill Counter Weapon Prestige rewards to use an LED display for higher visibility on weapons.
- Players can now equip Mastercraft on their Signature Weapon as soon as they acquire the Signature Weapon.
- TDM 100 added to Featured Category (Team Deathmatch with a score limit of 100).
- Mercenary Moshpit added to Featured Category (Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Hardpoint, and Domination, no parties allowed).
- Hardcore Mercenary Moshpit added to Featured Category (Hardcore Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, and Domination, no parties allowed).
- Gun Game remains in Featured Category.
- Endurance Chaos Moshpit remains in Featured Category (PS4).
Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When using the Reactor Core.
- When a Firebreak player left the game after using their Reactor Core.
- When a Nomad player left the game after using their Mesh Mines.
- While freezing in the water in Icebreaker.
- When piloting the Hellstorm.
- When selecting a Specialist in the Specialist Draft.
- When the player picked up a weapon in Multiplayer.
- If the Transport Helicopter was destroyed while delivering a Care Package or Mantis.
- Related to the Drone Squad’s wing-drone turrets animating incorrectly.
- When failing to play a sound when picking up dog tags in Kill Confirmed.
- When a player left a match while being shocked by the Tempest.
- Adjusted delivery chopper entry and exit points across all maps to reduce delivery times.
- Increased the entry and exit speeds for the delivery chopper.
- Reduced how often high-end Scorestreaks can be received in Care Packages.
- Reduced the amount of roll on the smoke marker to ensure that the end position is a more accurate representation of where the Care Package will drop.
- Dart reduced from 500 default to 450 / 350 with COMSEC Device.
- RC-XD increased from 450 to 500 default / 400 with COMSEC Device.
- Lightning Strike reduced from 900 to 850 default / 600 with COMSEC Device.
- Sentry reduced from 950 to 900 default / 700 with COMSEC Device.
- Hellstorm increased from 850 to 950 default / 750 with COMSEC Device.
- Sniper’s Nest reduced from 1100 to 1050 default / 850 with COMSEC Device.
- Mantis increased to 1100 default / 900 with COMSEC Device.
- Thresher reduced from 1250 to 1200 default / 950 with COMSEC Device.
- Attack Chopper increased from 1200 to 1300 default / 1000 with COMSEC Device.
- Reduced score given for all Scorestreak kills from +25 to +10.
- Teammates that die to a friendly bombsite explosion will no longer count toward the teamkill kick limit.
- Care Package team kills will no longer count towards the teamkill kick limit.
- Reduced the score given for Hardpoint Secured to +50.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent players from owning the Hardpoint while using the Lightning Strike tablet.
Search & Destroy
Silent Plant setting in Custom Games should now make planting and defusing the bomb completely silent.
CWL Custom Games
Addressed an issue where Specialist Weapons and Equipment would not update when players switched Specialists.
Seraph’s Tac Deploy will now only allow 1 respawn per use in Free For All.
The player’s death by their own Reactor Core will no longer track toward this Challenge.
Kills in Free For All will no longer track toward this Challenge.
Resolved an issue where progress was not awarded in Hardpoint or Control.
Manually destroying the Tac-Deploy now gives Score.