The PS4, Xbox One, and PC versions of Capcom Arcade Stadium will launch on May 25th, Capcom announced today. Those who purchase the game before June 8th will get the “Display Frames Set 1” for free. Capcom also announced that Capcom Arcade Stadium will expand to include more classic titles in the future, but what those are and when that will happen are set to be revealed later.
Capcom also announced a new invincibility mode, gameplay rewind, speed adjustments, and save states. Every game also has online leaderboards. The collection launched for the Switch on February 17th and includes 1943: Battle for Midway for free as well as the following DLC packs, available for $15 each:
- Pack 1: Dawn of the Arcade (1984 to 1988): Vulgus, Pirate Ship Higemaru, 1942, Tatakai no Banka, Legendary Wings, Bionic Commando, Forgotten Worlds, and Ghouls ‘n Ghosts.
- Pack 2: Arcade Revolution (1989 to 1992): Strider, Dynasty Wars, Final Fight, 1941: Counter Attack, Senjo no Okami II, Mega Twins, Carrier Air Wing, Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Captain Commando, and Varth: Operation Thunderstorm.
- Pack 3: Arcade Evolution (1992 to 2001): Warriors of Fate, Street Fighter II’: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Powered Gera: Strategic Variant Armor Equipment, Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness, 19XX: The War Against Destiny, Battle Circuit, Giga Wing, 1944: The Loop Master, and Progea.
You can also purchase all three packs together for $39.99.
Here’s more details, and a trailer, straight from Capcom:
Relive the Capcom classics!
1943: The Battle of Midway comes as a free download!
Shooters, fighting, action—all your favorite genres in this exciting collection! Capcom Arcade Stadium brings back all the nostalgia of the arcade, while adding in new and exciting features you’ll wish you had back then!
- Just Like the Good Old Days – From 3D-rendered arcade cabinets to scanline filters, there’s everything you need to recreate that arcade atmosphere. Fully customizable display settings let you craft your own personal experience and truly relive the glory days of arcade gaming.
- Brand New Ways to Play – With gameplay rewind, speed adjustment, and the ability to save and load your game at any time, your old favorites will feel new all over again!
Every game has online leaderboard rankings, so you can see where you stack up against players all over the world!
Capcom Arcade Stadium, where retro appeal meets cutting-edge features for a fresh take on Capcom’s classics!
- 1943: The Battle of Midway
- Players: One / Two-Player Co-Op
- Genre: Shooting
- Versions: Japanese and English
- Note: Player numbers differ based on the game. Multiplayer gameplay is available on local connections only.