Cyberpunk 2077 1.04 Hotfix Update Aims To Improve Stability, Multiple Bugs, And Much More
The update is live on PS4 and PC and will come to Xbox soon.
It feels almost surreal to say that Cyberpunk 2077 is, in fact, now here after the better part of a decade since its initial reveal. Overnight, the game became the best-selling PC game of all time and largely reception has been positive. Even so, it’s clear the game has a lot of technical issues and probably needed another delay in all honesty. However, CD Projekt RED has always been good about updating their titles, and we see the same here.
A hotfix update, 1.04, has been released for some versions of the game. You can see the list below or on the official website through here. The patch looks to update a lot of different things and aims at improving general stability as well as a lot of bug fixes. It also seems to tone down the flashing lights in the braindance sequences which was pointed out for potentially giving seizures. Some console-specific things, where the game is running the roughest, includes improving reflections as well as fixing a trophy issue on PS4 and a missing PT-BR VO for Xbox.
Cyberpunk 2077 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia. The update is live now on PS4 and PC with Xbox planned to come soon.
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M’ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
Performance & Stability
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with “Disable Copyrighted Music” feature toggled on.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.