CD Projekt RED has released a new update for Cyberpunk 2077, though fans waiting for new features or content will need to keep waiting. Patch 1.23 is all about fixing various bugs and issues in quests, like the “Open the package” objective in Space Oddity changing location or The Heist, which has a smattering of different problems. “Unnecessary” button prompts have also been removed from The Nomad.
In terms of gameplay issues, NPCs should no longer be stuck in cars if you kill them and hijack the vehicle. Cataresist cyberware should also work properly now. Interestingly, in the boss fight with Adam Smasher, he should no longer take damages during the animations that play between each attack phases. Perhaps this will serve to make the fight more difficult.
In terms of stability and performance, numerous fixes for crashes from animations, physics, UI and more have been implemented. Memory optimization and management has also been improved in various systems while console CPU optimizations have been applied. There’s no news yet on when the Xbox Series X/S and PS5 updates or free DLC will be releasing but at it’s returning to the PlayStation Store this month.
- Fixed an issue where after killing a NPC and stealing their car, their body could get stuck in the car.
- Adam Smasher will no longer receive damage during animations between his attack phases.
- Fixed an issue where dropping a NPC’s body caused too much destruction.
- Cataresist cyberware should now work properly.
- Fixed Johnny’s spectral appearance in various quests.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Fixed appearance of rocks in the Badlands.
- The Pickup: Fixed an issue where one of the Maelstromers was T-posing.
Stability and Performance
- Numerous crash fixes in animations, UI, scene, physics and gameplay systems.
- Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in various systems (reducing the number of crashes).
- Various console CPU optimizations.
- Memory and I/O improvement leading to fewer instances of NPCs with identical appearances spawning in the same area, and to improved streaming.