With the one-two punch of Update 2.0 and Phantom Liberty, Cyberpunk 2077 has received some major updates in recent days, and though CD Projekt RED has stressed a few times that they were the final big updates for the game, the developer does still have some smaller patches it wants to push out to iron out some of the action RPG’s remaining issues.
To that end, CDPR has confirmed that patch 2.01 will be going live for Cyberpunk 2077 “soon” (a specific date hasn’t been mentioned), and that it will be looking to address a few technical issues. Chief among these is corrupted saves on PlayStation, which the patch will fix by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Do keep in mind, however, that save files that were corrupted before the patch’s release won’t be fixed- you just won’t be running into this issue going forward.
Meanwhile, the patch will also address bugs in specific quests – including The Heist and Gig: Breaking News – as well as other glitches relating to visuals, the UI, and the like, while also bringing performance improvements (specifically in the Dogtown district). You can check out the full details in the notes below.
PATCH 2.01 NOTES:
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it’s not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you’re experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.