Cyberpunk 2077 Preview Details Perks and Cyberware
Details on various perks and upgrades have emerged.
New details on the customization options Cyberpunk 2077 will offer through its perk unlocks and cyberware options, via a preview published in German by Night City Life, and translated and summarized over at Reddit. As far as perks are concerned, various options from the Athletic, Crafting, and Engineering trees have been detailed.
Athletic perks include being able to double your carrying capacity, being able to slowly regenerate health in combat, reducing fall damage, abilities that allow you to shoot while you’re running, sliding, jumping, or carrying a body, and more. Crafting perks can, among other things, allow you to get additional components or higher prices for items you sell. Engineering perks being able to unequip weapon mods, making the explosion radius of grenades visible to you, and more.
Then there are cyberwares, which are enhancements that you can choose to install into limited slots all over your body. Some examples of cyberware that you can install are the Mantis Blades (blades that protrude from your arms), Micro-rotors (which improves movement speed and precision), Monowire (a fiber optic lasso that can be used to slash at enemies), Reflex Tuners (activates slow motion when you’re low on health), and more. You can get more details on cyberwares and perks below.
Cyberpunk 2077 is out for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 19. It will be coming to Stadia later in the year, and PS5 and to Xbox Series X in 2021. CD Projekt RED have confirmed that there are no plans for a demo (or for a launch on Game Pass).
- Gladiator – reduces damage taken while blocking by 20%.
- Regeneration – slowly regenerates health in combat.
- Pack Mule – doubles carrying capacity.
- Invincible -increases maximum health by 10%.
- Super Hero Landing – reduces fall damage by 5%.
- Multitasker – lets you shoot while sprinting, sliding and jumping at the same time.
- Transporter – lets you shoot and sprint while carrying a body.
- Hard motherf***er – at the start of a fight, armor and resistance are increased by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Master Gunsmith – 5% chance of getting an additional prototype component as crafting material for every item made.
- R&D – the said skill that enables you to upgrade items to the legendary quality level.
- Crazy Science is a trait, a kind of master skill at the bottom of the talent tree, which increases the sales prices of your items by 25%.
- Mech Looter – you can loot scrap from drones, robots and mechs and have a 30% chance of finding weapon parts.
- Blast Shielding – reduces your explosion damage taken by 10%.
- Shrapnel – adds 20 additional damage to all previous garnet effects.
- Grenadier – make the explosion radius of grenades visible to you.
- Reverse engineering – lets you take off weapon mods.
- You can’t touch this – make yourself immune to the effects of your own grenades
- Mantis Blades – Probably the most famous cyberware in the game. The mighty blades protrude from V’s forearm and several fragments are available.
- Blood pump – Installed in the cardiovascular system slot. It activates at a certain point in time and improves healing.
- Micro-rotors – Passive cyberware in the nervous system that improves movement speed and precision
- Reflex tuners – are triggered cyberware that activates slow motion as soon as your health falls below a critical value.
- Gorilla Hands – Logically installed in the hands and vastly improves your strength and melee strength. There are also several fragments here.
- Monowire – The cyberware that houses a fiber optic lasso in your arm that you can use to easily slice opponents in slices. The quickhack function via the Monowire is probably one of the fragments.
- Krenzikov – We first encountered this cyberware in Cyberpunk 2077 as a booster spray, but it also exists as an implant for your nervous system. The trigger activates a slow motion effect as soon as you have successfully avoided an enemy attack.
- Synlungs – Artificial lungs that are installed in the cardiovascular system and improve the regeneration of your endurance.