Darksiders 3 Gets New Game Plus With Armageddon Mode
With nine levels, each boasting tougher challenges and new variations, Armageddon Mode looks pretty promising.
Gunfire Games’ Darksiders 3 came out last year to some mixed reviews, but largely performed well for controversial publisher THQ Nordic, and has seen several updates since its release. That said, there’s even more coming with Armageddon Mode, a New Game Plus mode that hopes to extend your time with the game even more.
Darksider 3’s Armageddon Mode will have nine levels. Each playthrough will see increased difficulty, new items, altered enemy encounters, and new Achievements/Trophies. When you pass the ninth playthrough, you can choose to replay level 9 as much as you want. While all of your coins and progression will carry over between each new game, your DLC progression will not, so you were have to unlock your DLC content, such as the recently released Crucible, all over again.
Armageddon Mode is out now for those who are ready. You can see the full list of features and patch notes below.
Armageddon Mode Features:
- Armageddon mode goes up to +9: once that has been completed players will be able to continually play that level over and over again.
- Upgrade Armor: Oblivion Ore can now be found on specific enemies. Turning these Shards into Ulthane will allow any armor in the game to be upgraded.
- Wisdom Shards: These Shards can be found in Armageddon mode. Shattering these shards will temporarily boost the souls collected from defeated enemies.
- New Encounters: New encounters and a new enemy have been added to Armageddon Modes.
- New Achievements and Trophies: 3 new achievements have been added related to Armageddon Mode
- New Lurcher Clusters: Unique items that were collected in a previous playthroughs are replaced with large lurcher crystals.
New General Features:
- Reckoning Difficulty: Darksiders 3 Apocalyptic Difficulty too easy? A new difficulty has been added where Fury’s dodge windows are smaller, the enemies hit harder and can withstand more damage.
- Arcane Shard: A new item that will temporarily boost Arcane Damage that will drop from enemies and can be purchased from Vulgrim.
- Large Healing Shard: A Larger Healing shard has been added that will drop from enemies and can be purchased from Vulgrim.
- Weapon Upgrades: Weapons can now be upgraded to +13
- Spend 5 Attribute Points at a Time: If the points are available, players can invest 5 points at a time into a single Attribute.
- Hide HUD: There is now an option for hiding the HUD.
- Flip Y-Axis: Option added to flip Horizontal Camera Axis”