Dead by Daylight has become something of an unexpected horror game crossover, with various different horror icons coming to be part of the game. We reported earlier that the latest would be Ghostface, from the popular and influential Scream franchise. Well, today is the day of reckoning, as he’s live with the newest update.
The game’s newest update, 1.63, is live now, and it comes with the masked villain himself. Along with the update comes a video detailing how the character works, which you can see below. The developers play up the stalker aspect of Ghostface, with abilities that allow him to stalk and sense the auras of survivors, including becoming obsessed with a single survivor that will yield various bonuses and advantages. The update also has various bug and gameplay fixes. You can check out a partial list of patch notes below, or the full thing at the game’s forums here.
Dead by Daylight is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The Ghostface update is live across all platforms now. A Switch version of the game will also launch September 24th.
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature – Added the ability to rotate characters in the lobby.
- Feature – Added new menu and lobby music.
- Content – Added a new Killer (The Ghost Face).
- All Killer swing animations have been modified to match the distance at which they can hit a survivor. This was done to help mitigate situations where a Killer would hit a survivor but their weapon/ hand would not look like it was reaching the Survivor.
- In addition to Killer swing animations matching their hit distance we have also added swing VFX to mitigate when hits looked like they should have missed targets when in fact they found a target and hit. (There will be more work done to make hits look better when they connect)
- Added stun VFX for Killers when hit by pallets.
- Survivors will now turn their heads where their camera is looking. This happens when a Survivor interacts with an object in the environment and when they are not downed or incapacitated.
- Adjusted fast vault conditions: Players can no longer trigger fast vaults when beside windows or in contact with the wall.
- Adjusted certain darker cosmetics that gave players an advantage to be lighter.
- Re-worked some characters hair.
- Adjusted Killer Instinct VFX to remove red fill effect, increase frequency of pulse, add an offset to where symbol is displayed, modified the scaling of the symbol to stay more consistent. These changes also affect the Killer power, Feral Frenzy, of The Legion.
- Adjusted the chase volume for Survivors.
- Removed the RNG factor from the window setups in the rooms of Lery’s Memorial Institute; each small room now spawns with the same window configuration.
- Edge Object repopulation pass in The MacMillan Estate maps, there are more obstacles in between the map tiles now.
- Introduced new maze tiles for the Yamaoka Estate theme.
Survivor Emblem changes:
Added events for Lightbringer emblem scoring:
- 20 points for cleansing a dull totem.
- 5 points if a dull totem is cleansed while you are in a chase.
- 10 points if a Hex totem is cleansed while you are in a chase.
- 1/3 point for each 1% of a generator repaired while you are in a chase (Capped to a maximum of 33.3 scored for each generator).
Added event for Benevolent emblem scoring:
- 10 points for sabotaging a hook within 10 meters of a Killer carrying a Survivor, if the carried Survivor then wiggles free.
Added event for Evader emblem scoring:
- 50 points for stunning the Killer with a pallet.
Survivor perk changes:
- Streetwise: Increased efficiency values to 15%/20%/25% up from 10%/12%/15%.
- Windows of Opportunity: Reduced cooldown values to 30/25/20 seconds down from 60/50/40.
- Mettle of Man: We have changed the condition for getting tokens. It is no longer for being hit by a Killer’s basic attack. Instead earn tokens by taking “Protection Hits”. It still requires 3 tokens to activate. Survivors will still need to be injured in order to trigger the Endurance effect and avoid being put into the dying state. This means that Mettle of Man will require more work from the Survivor to trigger Mettle of Man’s Endurance status effect.
- Unbreakable: Increased recovery speed to 25%/30%/35% up from 15%/20%/25%.
Killer perk changes:
- Pop Goes The Weasel: Changed Regression values from 15%/20%/25% to a flat 25% across all tiers. Changed window of activation from 30 seconds to 40/50/60 seconds.
- Territorial Imperative: Reduced cooldown to 30/25/20 seconds down from 60/45/30.
- Enduring: Updated Enduring to a flat reduction in pallet stun duration of 40/45/50% rather than an increase to stun recovery speed of 55/65/75%. Enduring will now only affect pallet stuns.