The third DLC for Motion Twin’s Dead Cells, The Queen and the Sea, launched earlier this month and served to conclude the trilogy. However, the development team is still providing support – it released a new hotfix which buffed several weapons. For instance, the Bladed Tonfas’ damage no longer scale based on speed and follow-up attacks will always be critical after landing the first one.
Maws of the Deep has also received a damage boost and now crits on Rooted enemies while the speed of the Wrecking Ball’s first two attacks has been increased. Furthermore, the Queen’s Rapier will now crit on all enemies it hits instead of the first. Another nice change is that hitting an enemy with the Rapier while it’s in your Backpack will create a Reality Slice, thus making it more viable.
If you’ve struggled with the Servants in the Lighthouse, then you’ll be happy to know that their health pool has been decreased (though the Queen’s HP has been increased in turn). Check out some of the hotfix notes below and the full notes here.
- Decreased the Servants’ HP.
- Increased the Queen’s HP
- Armored Shrimps no longer take damage from spikes.
- Bladed Tonfas rework. Damage no longer scales on speed. The first attack always jumps forward, with subsequent attacks always critting if the first one hit. Please note that we will only be able to change the description in the next major update, sorry about that.
- Hitting an enemy with the Queen’s Rapier in the Backpack triggers a Reality Slice.
- Shark crits on rooted enemies. Once again, we won’t be able to change the description until the next major update.
- Increased Shark’s damage.
- Gilded Yumi deals damage when releasing the enemy.
- Increased Wrecking Ball’s speed on the first two attacks.
- The Rapier’s now crits on all hit enemies instead of just the first one.
Quality of life
- Added screenshake to Machete & Pistol, Queen’s Rapier and Hard Light Sword.
- Disabling screen-shake disables screen-bump as well.