Aki Saito, who’s previously worked on Silent Hills, has joined Kojima Productions.
Death Stranding information has been drip fed to us, and we’ve been starved to learn more about it ever since we’ve known that it exists. Since the game was missing from The Game Awards this year, we’ve been even more starved lately, which means we’re going to take what we can get- thankfully, we do have something.
For starters, former Konami staffer Aki Saito, who has worked on Silent Hills as part of its production team, has joined up with Kojima Productions as they continue development on Death Stranding. Saito confirmed this over Twitter, before posting another tweet, accompanied with a picture of himself and Norman Reedus, who is, of course, playing the protagonist of the game. In that tweet, Saito said that as per Reedus, Death Stranding is going to be “mind blowing, epic, the future, and incredible”.
That’s a lot of superlatives- but this is Kojima after all, so I wouldn’t put it past him to make something like that. Of course, when we might get to test that for ourselves is the big question right now. Death Stranding is without a release date for now, but Reedus himself recently said that it might even come out as soon as early 2019. Read more on that through here.
本日からコジプロです！よろしくお願いします！I’m on board Kojima Productions! Starting in NY! pic.twitter.com/JhxgrHR04g
— 齊藤昭義(Aki Saito) (@akisaitokojipro) December 10, 2018
Short interview with Norman!
He says the game is “Mind blowing, Epic, The Future, and Incredible.” pic.twitter.com/QNTidK3tbO
— 齊藤昭義(Aki Saito) (@akisaitokojipro) December 13, 2018