Bungie has a new update on the way for Destiny 2 which is scheduled to go live on March 16th. Maintenance will start at 9 AM PDT with update 3.1.1 being deployed at 10 AM PDT for all platforms. At 11 AM PDT, maintenance will conclude.
The update is mostly focused on bug fixes and improvements, especially for the returning Fallen S.A.B.E.R. and Devil’s Lair strikes. This includes an issue in the former where the boss wouldn’t spawn if all players weren’t alive and Zavala’s dialog could repeat several times in the first area. For Devil’s Lair, Sepiks Prime has a health bar and the Fallen Walker and Brigs will no longer respawn after being defeated.
Other fixes include the Linear Actuators perk for Dunemarchers not triggering and Cuirass of the Falling Star granting an overshield to Titan Supers that aren’t Thundercrash. Check out Bungie’s weekly post here for more details on the patch, though it’s only a preview. Expect even more detailed patch notes when the update goes live next week.
Destiny 2 Update Preview for March 16 Patch
- Fixed an issue where the strike Boss would not spawn until all players were alive and present.
- Improved objective waypoint behavior.
- Fixed some grammatical errors in player-directive text.
- Fixed a bug where a fireteam member entering the area late could cause the Warsat falling visual effects again.
- Fixed an issue where Zavala’s dialog in the first area could play multiple times.
- Fixed a bug where a fallen energy shield could be seen sticking out of a wall.
- Sepiks Prime now has a Boss health bar.
- Fixed some floating environment objects.
- Fixed an issue where some monster spawn points looked like accessible doorways to players.
- Fixed an issue where an Overload Captain could spawn with the wrong name.
- Fixed an issue where the Fallen Walker and Fallen Brigs could respawn after they were defeated.
- Fixed an issue where physics was missing from a wall early in the strike, allowing players to get lost out of environment.
- Fixed an issue with the Linear Actuators Exotic perk for the Titan Exotic Dunemarchers, which was not triggering properly. The perk now behaves as expected, triggering on each/subsequent melee strike after an appropriate amount of sprint time.
- Font of Might no longer displays a generic “Damage Boost” string when its benefit is active.
- Fixed a bug where the Mantle of Battle Harmony and Omnioculus Exotics were not displaying their flavor text.
- Omioculus also no longer grants melee energy when making only yourself invisible under some circumstances.
- Cuirass of the Falling Star no longer grants an Overshield when used with Supers other than Thundercrash.