Bungie will be releasing update 2.9.1 for Destiny 2 today with a short preview for the same provided in its last weekly blog. This update is all about bug fixes, especially for Contact, the new seasonal event. Those not seeing progress for the Triumph “Heavy Hitters” or being able to bank 15 motes without having the corresponding Prismatic Recaster rank unlocked should see these fixed.
More importantly, update 2.9.1 brings a fix for the Falling Guillotine Legendary Sword. The “Dark Drinker 2.0” was bugged in such a way that its heavy attack would continue damaging enemies even after the animation had finished. It will still be a top-tier Heavy weapon even with this fix so don’t worry.
Another welcome fix is for gear from The Last Wish and Garden of Salvation raids, which has been updated to the max infusion cap for Season of Arrivals. Weekly Vanguard Bounties have also seen the removal of Scorn, Cabal, Vex and Fallen variations of foes, which should make them easier to complete. Check out some of the patch notes below with full patch notes out later today.
- Fixed an issue where the “Heavy Hitters” Triumph was not progressing when defeating bosses.
- Fixed an issue where players could collect and bank 15 motes prior to unlocking the appropriate Prismatic Recaster rank reward.
- Fixed an issue where Cold Denial and Falling Guillotine didn’t offer two perks in the final column when unlocking the “Umbral Enhancement III” gift on the Prismatic Recaster.
- Fixed an issue where Falling Guillotine could continue damaging enemies after the Heavy attack animation had completed.
- Fixed an issue where reissued Seraph weapons were not granting progress to Catalyst objectives.
Last Wish and Garden of Salvation
- Updated gear to have Season of Arrivals Max Infusion Caps.
Weekly Vanguard Bounties
- Removed Scorn, Cabal, Vex, and Fallen variations of Weekly Bounties from the Season of Arrivals pool.