Divinity: Original Sin 2 Patch Prevents Automatic Skill Assignment to Hotbar
Larian Studios has packed a ton of fixes and adjustments into the 2.1 GB patch.
Larian Studios may be on the quiet side following the release of Divinity: Original Sin 2 but the studio is certainly busy with substantial bug fixes and updates. The latest patch v126.96.36.1995 is especially meaty at 2.1 GB and contains a few quality of life features that fans have been begging for.
First off, you can now turn off the instant addition of learned skills and acquired items to the hotbar. This lets you prevent the hotbar from getting too cluttered and messy. Secondly, the Lucky Charm talent, which increases the probability of finding good loot in random stashes and chests, will now apply to the entire party. It’s also possible to share lockpicks and trap disarm kits among other players with Magic Pockets.
There are plenty of bug fixes and improvements made to the user interface and Game Master mode. There’s also increased compatibility with mods. Check out some of the patch notes below but be warned – the full patch notes contain spoilers for the campaign.
Changes and improvements
- Added a toggle in the options menu to automatically add certain groups of items or skills from the hotbar
- Lucky Charm is now a party-wide talent. Players no longer need to select the character with the talent to open containers
- Added exact armor values to controller mode UI when hovering over enemies
- Arena lobby settings are now saved while in the same play session
- Fixed issues with reassigning middle mouse button and right mouse button
- Lockpicks and trap disarm kits are now shared automatically via Magic Pockets
- Improved selecting doors when using a controller
- Added the ability to drop or move items to a specific location in the world when using a controller. The “hold in hand” option now has a context menu
- Added friendly fire damage from traps to combat log
- Added Summoning information from NPCs to combat log
- Updated save/load interface when using a controller
- Added extra dialog animations to Trolls
- Revealed items are now highlighted when pressing ALT, after the player has revealed them
- Improved the flow of the companion dialog between Sebille and Stingtail
- Changing equipment or using items now breaks “Play Dead” status
- Updated several visual effects and sound effects to certain regions, story moments and skills
- Added player feedback when an enemy is immune to a certain type of attack
- Improved the journal update when picking up a purging wand in Braccus’ vault
- Improved the timing of certain quest rewards during dialog
- Splitscreen mode in Character Creation now allows players to edit their characters again after having pressed Start
- Fixed the issue where, under certain conditions, Tarquin wasn’t moving from the Lady Vengeance to the Stonegarden
- You can now create Armour of the Eternals with both types of Eternal artefact
- The “Medusa Head” skill now correctly overrides the “Bull Horns” skill
- Improved the behavior of Hannag during combat
- Updated subtitles for several endgame scenes