DOOM Multiplayer DLC is Now Free, Free Weekend Announced
New changes are afoot in the latest version of DOOM.
Id Software’s DOOM has been updated to version 6.66 (which is not at all ironic) and brings tons of different changes. Multiplayer progression has been reset and veteran players get a badge to indicate their status. However, all multiplayer DLC is now free. You can download all the maps, weapons, armour and much more for free.
Multiplayer has also changed in that you now have to finish challenges for new gear and be the correct level. Hack Modules are also gone and Runes are the new thing. They can be equipped all throughout a match which is also nice.
And if you’re not sure whether to get into DOOM, then you’ll be happy to know that the game is free to play this weekend. While you only get access to the campaign’s first two levels, all the multiplayer content along with SnapMap can be accessed. Furthermore, the game is retailing for $15, making it even more appealing deal for those who want to jump in for the first time.
Check out the patch notes below to learn more about DOOM version 6.66 and other changes that it brings. The free weekend starts on July 20th and ends on July 23rd for Xbox One and Steam players. PS4 players can play on July 27th till July 30th.
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.