Dragon Ball FighterZ Patch Brings Numerous Bug Fixes
New features like Party Match and a rumble sound when finding opponents added.
Arc System Works has released a new patch for Dragon Ball FighterZ, its successful fighting game based on the long-running anime franchise. There aren’t any balance changes – the focus with this update is to add several bug fixes and other changes.
One new feature that’s been added is Party Match that will let you seek out five other players to compete with. For Arcade Mode, players will now have the option to “Return to Character Selection” or “Return to Course Selection” once a particular course has been completed. Ranked and Casual modes will also provide a small rumble noise to notify you when an opponent has been located.
In terms of bug fixes, there’s a fix for Goku Black disappearing when executing a special move; one that prevented Frieza from using his “You Must Die by My Hand!” move when on the ground after transforming into Golden Frieza; and much more. Check out the full patch notes below.
Dragon Ball FighterZ Patch Notes:
- PARTY MATCH: Added the Party Match feature which enables automatic match-up with 5 other players to play a Party Match.
- REPLAY CHANNEL: Expanded Replay Channel functions (added “Followed Player Channel” and “Search Channel”) – Previous replay data will be deleted
- RANKED MATCH / CASUAL MATCH: Added controller vibration to indicate when an opponent has been found
- ARCADE MODE: Added “Return to Character Selection” and “Return to Course Selection” after completing a course
- TRAINING MODE: Fixed a bug that shows the Dragon Balls collection animation while options were set on “Do not display”
- TRAINING MODE: Fixed a bug that made the Assist Gauge recover when player guards continuously
- BATTLE TUTORIAL: Fixed a bug that prevented the UI to be displayed properly when player passes the objective right after the beginning of the match
- GOKU BLACK: Fixed a bug that prevented the character to disappear when Goku Black’s Special Move ” The Work of a God ” was used after an Ultimate Z Change
- ANDROID 21: Fixed bug that prevented Android 21 from disappearing immediately after she is called in for a Z-Assist and the main character takes damage
- ANDROID 21: Fixed a red visual bug when Android 21 is called in for a Z-Assist and the main character takes damage
- FRIEZA: Fixed a bug that prevents Frieza to properly use “You Must Die by My Hand!” when lying on the ground after his Golden Frieza transformation
- HIT: Fixed a bug that prevents the “Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack” effect to disappear when used during Ultimate Z Change and Hit’s Meteor Special Attack
- HIT: Fixed a bug that prevents the Z-Assist character to disappear when the main character is damaged at the very same moment by Hit’s “I Keep Improving” attack
- TIEN: Fixed a bug that makes a character invisible when both the main character and Z-Assist character are damaged by Tien’s attack “Farewell, Tien…”
- CAPTAIN GINYU: Fixed a bug that allows Ultimate Z Change to be performed with less than 3 gauges after performing “Powerful Energy Wave”
- MAJIN BUU: Fixed a bug that makes the opponent invincible if Majin Buu’s “Standing Light – Follow Up 2” and the opponent’s Super Dash hit simultaneously
- ANDROID 18: Fixed a bug of voice/mouth synchronization when special dialogues are played against Piccolo and Vegeta
- SHENRON: Fixed a bug that prevents Destructive Finish and Stage Destruction effects to appear with a character resurrected by Shenron
- SUPPORT CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that prevents voices of Support Characters (like Android 17 or Ginyu Force) to be played normally when called into battle
- DRAGON RUSH: Fixed a bug that reversed the guard controls when a character is being changed by a Dragon Rush