Dragon Ball FighterZ Patch Brings Z-Unions, Improved Matchmaking
Out today, the patch will also fix a number of character bugs.
Arc System Works’ Dragon Ball FighterZ is getting another patch today and this one comes with some interesting features. It first warns that any recorded data from the Replay Channel will be removed in order to implement many of the adjustments. Keep that in mind and save what you need to.
For World Match, the rematch system will be three matches for both Ranked and Casual matches. Matchmaking and server stability will be improved for ring matches. As for new features, you can look forward to the Z-Union which allows players to join Unions for a specific character. This grants unique rewards and the longer you’re committed to a single Union, the “better” these rewards will become.
Offline lobbies will also be added to the title screen. Previously, they were only accessible within the various menus when actually online but now you can start offline. It’s also possible to leave the game lobby via the stairs at the entrance. For more information on the patch, check out the notes below:
- REPLAY CHANNEL: To enable implementation of the below gameplay adjustments (see “GAMEPLAY” section), recorded data from Replay Channel will be erased
- WORLD MATCH: Changed rematch system to 3 matches in both Ranked and Casual World Match
- RING MATCHES: Improved match-making and server stability
- SSGSS GOKU: Fixed a bug that makes “x10 Kaioken Kamehameha” combo continue even if the opponent gets away from the attacks
- CAPTAIN GINYU: Fixed a bug that makes Ginyu Force members collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks
- NAPPA: Fixed a bug that makes Saibamen collide with the opponent character and sometimes interrupts the latter’s attacks
- ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that makes characters float in the air if Dragon Rush Clash happens when landing from mid-air back step
- ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that makes main characters say the wrong name when calling a Z-Change or Z-Assist
- ALL CHARACTERS: Fixed a bug that alters the hit box of Z-Assist characters under certain circumstances
- HIT/SSGSS GOKU/SSGSS VEGETA: Fixed a bug that triggers Z-Change voice over dialogues instead of Z-Assist ones
- Z-UNION: Added Z-Union feature that enables players to join “Unions” (fan clubs) of their favorite character and get special rewards. And the longer you stay in a Union, the better the rewards become.
- GAME LOBBY: Added the possibility to leave the Lobby by using the stairs at the entrance
- OFFLINE LOBBY: Added option to enter the Offline Lobby from title screen