In keeping with the tradition of all major AAA games launching with a plethora of bugs and issues, when they clearly needed more time in the oven, Dying Light, which is by all accounts otherwise a pretty damn good game, launched with a whole lot of issues, especially for the PC version.
If you have been experiencing some of these issues, then they may have to do with the game being unable to properly balance the load across your multiple CPU cores. Reddit user RUFiO006 posted a guide to fix the issue, which… I mean, here it is, but it almost sounds more trouble than it is worth:
- Launch the game
- Alt-Tab out and open Task Manager
- Go to the Details tab to see all processes
- Right-click on DyingLightGame.exe
- Choose Set Affinity and uncheck then re-check ONLY CPU 0. Press OK. The game will freeze in the background, don’t worry
- If the Affinity window closes, right-click and open it again, then re-enable . The game will start running again as before
- You’re done! The load will be balanced and the game will run much more smoothly
Another thing- you have to do this each time you launch the game.
Like I said- more trouble then it is worth.