Electronic Arts has just announced their financial results for the last quarter of the fiscal year 2018 which runs from January 1 to March 31. There has been a growth in income across all areas. Some of the Officers from the company also released statements to accompany these financial results.
Apart from the quarter, the company has reported growth in the fiscal year as well. Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson released a statement in which he discussed the expansion of the company’s leading franchises such as FIFA and Battlefield. In the coming year, the company has more planned with new IP, subscription programs and more so as to deliver entertainment to “global communities.”
Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgenson also released a statement in which he celebrated change which has helped the company achieve success. He also commented on the relevance of games as a service as it helps deliver “fresh content” that can hold players’ attention throughout the year.
You can check out below some of the highlights of the publisher’s achievements during this last quarter.
- Digital net bookings was $3.538 billion for fiscal 2018, up 17% year-over-year and represents 68% of total net bookings.
- The EA SPORTS franchises grew to nearly 90 million players on current generation consoles life to date.
- Nearly 18 million players engaged in competitive gaming across FIFA 18 and Madden NFL 18, up more than 75% year-over-year.
- The Battlefield community, across current generation consoles and PC HD, now has more than 54 million players life to date.
- The Sims community had more than 80 million Sims players across PC and mobile in fiscal 2018.