Along with overwhelming enemies and incredible sights, Elden Ring is full of characters. Some are peaceful or at least neutral to your presence unless attacked. Others serve as vendors and merchants or provide more in-depth questlines for those who pursue them.
Let’s take a look at all of the different merchants in the game, along with their locations, here. Spoilers abound to be warned.
- Merchant Kalé – Located in the ruins of the Church of Elleh in Limgrave, right past the Tree Sentinel.
- Nomadic Merchant – Near the eastern end of Saintsbridge, sitting near a campfire on the road side.
- Sorceress Sellen – Venture into the Waypoint Ruins and take the stairs into the cellar. Defeat the Mad Pumpkin Head and then open the door to find and rescue Sellen.
- Knight Bernahl – Found inside Warmaster’s Shack in Stormhill.
- Sorcerer Rogier – Found in the Rampart Tower of Stormveil Castle if you haven’t defeated Godrick. Upon restoring Godrick’s Great Rune, Rogier will be found in the Roundtable Hold.
- Nomadic Merchant – Located just north of Fort Haight West in the Weeping Peninsula.
- Isolated Merchant – Located in a shack in the Weeping Peninsula.
- Liurnia of the Lakes – Found next to the Liurnia Lake Shore’s Site of Grace in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Isolated Merchant – From the Main Academy Gate’s Site of Grace in Liurnia of the Lakes, take the path down east to find this merchant. You’ll need the Academy Glintstone Key to reach here.
- Miriel, Pastor of Vows – Located inside the Church of Vows in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Smithing Master Iji – Located on the left of the Road to the Manor’s Site of Grace in Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Pidia, Carian Servant – Located in the Royal Moongazing Grounds, Caria Manor in Liurnia of the Lakes. Once you’ve defeated Royal Knight Loretta, head left to the dragon boss. Take a left and drop down from the cliffs onto a roof. There will be a ladder that leads to a balcony where Pidia, Carian Servant awaits. You’ll need to speak to them twice to trade. This location is situated above the Manor Lower Level’s Site of Grace.
- Nomadic Merchant – From Caelid Highway South, take the road to the Sellia Gateway. After the fork, follow the right path and look for a campfire. The merchant will be situated here.
- Nomadic Merchant – From the Astray from Caelid Highway North’s Site of Grace, simply head east.
- Isolated Merchant – Found in the Isolated Merchant’s shack in Greyoll’s Dragonbarrow but only during the day time.
- Abandoned Merchant – In the Worshippers’ Woods in Siofra River, go southwest until you find a ladder and platforms wrapped around pillars. Look for a room to drop down into and the Abandoned Merchant will be there.
- Hermit Merchant – Go to the Uhl Palace Ruins in Ainsel River. In the back-most part, there will be a spider. Look for an alcove under it to find this merchant.
- Brother Corhyn – Located in the main hall of the Roundtable Hold.
- Smithing Master Hewg – Located in a corridor in the Roundtable Hold.
- Finger Reader Enia – Located in the Roundtable Hold in the room with the Two Fingers (which becomes accessible after beating Godrick).
- Twin Maiden Husks – Upon restoring Godrick’s Great Rune, this merchant should spawn in a side corridor in the Roundtable Hold.
- Gurranq, Beast Clergyman – Located in north-east Caelid in the Bestial Sanctum. You can fast-travel here directly by accessing a waygate in Limgrave.
- Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon – Located in the Academy of Raya Lucaria, Rennala is also a boss fight. Upon defeating her, she provides services for respeccing one’s character.
- Fia – Located in the Roundtable Hold and in the Deeproot Depths upon defeating her Champions.
Along with merchants, there will be important NPCs that you’ll encounter in the world. Each can have their own unique questlines that reward different items so it’s worth seeking them out. Let’s take a look at all of their locations, starting with Limgrave:
- Alexander the Iron Fist – Located north near Saintsbridge.
- Boc the Seamster – Travel southeast from Agheel Lake North and search the trees.
- Gatekeeper Gostoc – Located at the entrance to Stormveil Castle. He’ll advise you to take the side entrance since it has fewer guards. However, he will shadow you and steal a portion of Runes every time you die along with pushing you into a room with a Banished Knight. Slay him from the outset to prevent this or keep him alive – he’ll become a merchant later.
- Blaidd – In the Mistwood Ruins, though you’ll need to use the “Snap” gesture to initiate talks.
- Bloody Finger Hunter Yura – To the southeast of the Seaside Ruins, check below the underpass.
- D, Hunter of the Dead – Located when traveling on the road to Summonwater Village Outskirts.
- Kenneth Haight – Located on the bridge northeast from the Mistwood Outskirts.
- Nepheli Loux – Located in Stormveil Castle, right before the Secluded Cell’s Site of Grace.
- Patches – Located in Murkwater Cave. Must be spared for him to be a merchant.
- Roderika – Located in the Stormhill Shack.
- Frustrated Spirit – Found in Stormhill, just north-east of Stormhill Shack, near the gates of a building.
Next up is the Weeping Peninsula:
- Irina – Travel south from the Bridge of Sacrifice. She’s located just before the underpass.
- Edgar – Located at the top of Castle Mourne.
Now let’s take a look at NPCs in Liurnia of the Lakes:
- Albus – Located in the Village of the Albinaurics.
- Thops – Located in the Church of Irith.
- Hyetta – Located just opposite of the Church of Irith.
- Latenna – Located in the Slumbering Wolf’s Shack after completing the Lakeside Crystal Cave dungeon.
- Ranni the Witch – In the northwest part of the region, look for Three Sisters and travel to Ranni’s Rise to find her.
- Seluvis – Travel southeast of Ranni’s Rise until you reach Seluvis’s Rise to find her.
- Blackguard Big Boggart – First found in the swamps at the Boilprawn Shack, north of the Scenic Isle Site of Grace. Moves to Leyndell near the Capital Rampart later.
- Jar Bairn – Located in Jarburg on the western side.
Next up is the NPCs in Caelid:
- Gowry – Simply look for Gowry’s Shack. It can be found in eastern Caelid before Sellia, the Town of Sorcery.
- Millicent – Found in the Church of the Plague which is northeast from Gowry’s Shack. However, you’ll need to light the first two braziers in Sellia to bypass the barrier en route to the church. She can be found near the Site of Grace.
- The Great-Jar – Located in north Caelid at the Colosseum (which is near the Deep Siofra River Well’s Site of Grace).
- Witch-Hunter Jerren – Found in Caelid in the Redman Castle church.
Now let’s look at the NPCs in Volcano Manor:
- Tanith – Located in Volcano Manor (which is an actual manor in the region of the same name).
- Rya – Though first encountered in Liurnia of the Lakes, she’s primarily located in Volcano Manor.
Next up is Mt. Gelmir:
- Primeval Sorcerer Azur – Located northeast of the Hermit Village.
The Mountaintops of the Giants is next, though there’s only one really noteworthy NPC:
- Shabriri – Located near the Zamor Ruins Site of Grace. Looks the same as Bloody Finger Hunter Yura.
Next is Nokron, Eternal City and Siofra River (since they both share the same map):
- D’s Twin Brother – Located east of the Great Waterfall Basin Site of Grace at Nokron, Eternal City.
Next up is Leyndell, the Royal Capital:
- Three Fingers – Found below the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds near the Cathedral of the Forsaken.
Dragonbarrow is another location with only one NPC. Here’s who they are and where to find them:
- Master Lusat: Found in Sellia Hideaway near Sellia in North-East Caelid, though it’s more towards the Dragonbarrow side. Requires hitting an illusory wall to find him.
Finally, there’s the Roundtable Hold’s NPCs:
- Diallos – First found in the Roundtable Hold, after which he’s found in North Liurnia of the Lakes. After this, he’ll appear in Volcano Manor and finally, in Jarburg.
- Dung Eater – Found in the Roundtable Hold but can also be located in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds after unlocking the door with the sewer-gaol key.
- Ensha of the Royal Remains – Located next to the door to Gideon Ofnir’s room. Becomes an invader later.
- Gideon Ofnir – Found in his office which has numerous books.
Always approach NPCs without harming them, though if you happen to kill some like Patches, you can still purchase their inventory from the Roundtable Hold. Simply obtain their bells and give them to the Twin Maiden Husks. Also, thanks to a recent update, it’s now possible to mark NPCs on the map and keep better track of them for quests.
For more details on Elden Ring, check out our review here. It’s currently available for Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC.