The long awaited Survival Mode for Fallout 4 will finally be hitting the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 next week. The Survival Mode will be available as part of update 1.5, which is already available to players on PC. Survival Mode is a more hardcore take on the game, inspired by classic Fallout games- you cannot fast travel, you only save when you sleep, there are added stats, such as fatigue and diseases, to keep track of, and more.
Survival Mode is not going to be the only major update coming to the console versions of Fallout 4 either- almost a year after the initial announcement, we now finally have more information on how and when mods will be coming to the console versions of the game. The Xbox One will get mods in May, while the PS4 gets them in June- and both consoles will get a beta for the mods first.
The patch notes for update 1.5 follow:
- New Survival difficulty.
- Survival adds additional challenges including no fast travel, saving only when you sleep, increased lethality, diseases, fatigue, danger and more. See the in-game Help menu for more details.
- Characters set to Survival difficulty appear under their own Character Selection filter.
- Third person camera movement improvements when player is close up against walls and other objects.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Fixed rare crash related to reloading a save that relies on Automatron.
- Fixed issue with the robot workbench camera not moving properly immediately after canceling out of the menu.
- Fixed issue with perks being repeatedly added when reloading a saved game while in robot workbench.
- Fixed issue with Ada not properly traveling to an assigned settlement.
- Robots can now be assigned as settlement vendors.
- Fixed issue with “Appropriation” where blueprints would not appear properly if the container had already been looted prior to getting the quest.
- In “The Nuclear Option,” entering the Institute using the targeting helmet on Power Armor no longer inadvertently causes the player to go into combat, and become stuck in the Institute.
- Fixed distance check with Robotics Expert perk.
- While in Workshop mode, if the Jump button is remapped, the Y or Triangle button can still be used to jump.
- Fixed issue with “Defend the Castle” where speaking to Ronnie Shaw would not properly complete the quest.
- During “The Nuclear Option,” fast traveling away from the Institute immediately after inserting the relay targeting sequence holotape will no longer block progression.
- Fixed issue where Workshop placed light bulbs would occasionally not light properly.
- Fixed occasional flashing issue with entering and exiting Power Armor.
- Fixed issue where terminals would not work properly after downloading and initializing an Add-On from the Add-Ons menu.
Fallout 4 is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.