Fallout 76 To Add Perk Loadouts, Public Test Servers, And Much More In 2020
The online-focused game gets a roadmap well into the next year.
You have to hand it to Bethesda, despite Fallout 76‘s launch going pretty poorly all around, they have stuck to it. From the continued minor updates to the major rehaul that made the game closer to a more traditional Fallout experience, they’ve done their best to turn the thing around. Whether you feel that’s enough is, of course, up to you. But it seems it’s not over, either, as they are planning content well into the next year.
The game’s official website listed a very loose roadmap of what we can expect to see in 2020. Among the updates will be PTS (Public Test Servers), perk loadouts, new events and quite a lot more to show they plan to keep things going for a pretty long time. You can check out the list below or through here. They are also looking at other things such as PC text chat, but they aren’t on the agenda just yet.
Fallout 76 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
- PTS – A Public Test Server (PTS) is currently in the works with the hope to get it up and running in 2020. Once we’ve figured out all (or most of) the kinks, we will be able to provide more details on our PTS and how you can participate.
- Perk Loadouts – Perk Loadouts are also currently planned for early 2020. Like the PTS, this is still very much a work in progress and while we’re excited to get this system out to you it’s still a ways off before we can start sharing more details. Look to a future Inside the Vault when we get closer to their release.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – Account security is very important to us, and we know it’s critical to you, as well. The wonderful Bethesda.net team has been working hard to get MFA implemented for Bethesda.net. They are very close and are planning to have this enabled by the end of this year.
- Legendary Player – Originally, we thought and had planned on the Legendary system arriving this year, but plans had to be adjusted while we worked on other things. This is still very much something we’re looking forward to releasing and currently have this scheduled for release in Q1 2020.
- Social Menu Fixes – We’re aware of an issue that can prevent players on PC from sending and accepting friend invites, and we are also investigating several additional social menu issues for all platforms. We are working to address the friend issue on PC as soon as we can, but this is just one part of a group of social fixes we are looking to roll out across multiple future updates.
- Additional Public Events Improvements – We’ve heard your feedback that the cooldown between Public Events is too long, and we’re planning to reduce it by at least half with a fix we’re including in Patch 14. We are also planning a second phase of Public Event improvements that will bring additional cooldown adjustments, performance-based loot, and remove the need to tag legendary event enemies to claim their loot. Phase two of our Public Events rollout is currently planned for early next year, and we’ll update you as we get closer to those updates.