FIFA 22 has been out since October 1st (September 26th, if you count the 10 hour EA Access trial) and is already receiving its first title update. The update is available now for PC via Origin and Steam along with Google Stadia. PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S versions will receive it later.
The update makes a number of changes to FIFA Ultimate Team, including an update to the Division Rivals Progression UI to provide more clarity and readability. You can also see Tifos in the stadium during a paused match, and during Squad Battles and Friendlies (with new pre-match scenes being added). Other issues like the FUT Champions Play-Offs post match screen not displaying the total points and Rank have also been fixed.
FIFA 22 | TITLE UPDATE #1
FIFA Ultimate Team
Made the following changes:
- Updated Division Rivals Progress tile UI to improve readability and clarity.
- Players will begin their walkout animation slightly later when opening or previewing a Pack with a walkout Player Item.
- Tifos can now be seen in the Stadium while a match is paused.
- Tifos can now be seen during additional pre match scenes in Squad Battles and Friendlies.
- When obtaining Stadium Items or Bundles from the FUT Store, a pop up message will now inform players if one or more of the Items is for a Stadium customization slot that needs to be unlocked via Objectives.
- When previewing a kit Stadium Item or a Stadium Item Bundle containing a kit, a goalkeeper wearing the aforementioned kit is now present beside the outfield player.
Addressed the following issues:
- The FUT Champions Play-Offs post match screen did not always correctly display the total points and Rank. This is a visual issue only, and the correct Play-Offs progression was and continues to be available on the Play-Offs progression screen.
- Addressed an issue with FUT Hero Joe Cole’s Player Item, and the inability to enter a match while the Item was present in the Squad.
- After qualifying for the FUT Champions Finals, the Play-Offs rewards screen displayed an incorrect number of Finals qualifications. This was a visual issue only.
- Finals qualification provides one entry into the competition, and the correct information continues to be displayed when rewards are previewed on the Play-Offs Progression screen.
- When listing an item on the FUT transfer market, if the Starting Price was one increment lower than the Buy Now Price, players may have received an error blocking the item from being listed on the transfer market.
- The Division Rivals main menu window did not display the player’s current placement when stating that the player’s rewards were ready to be claimed. This was a visual issue only.
- The augmented reality presentation overlay did not show the correct scoreline when appearing after a successful penalty kick in extra time.
- When displaying the opposition squad during offline Friendly match loading, the Squad Rating and Chemistry UI elements did not display correctly.