Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated games, as voted by their readers, saw some interesting movement a couple of weeks ago when Final Fantasy 16 took the top spot from Tales of Arise. This week, the two of switched positions again, with Bandai Namco’s upcoming action RPG now taking the top spot, though not by a very wide lead of votes, to be honest.
Meanwhile, much of the rest of the top 10 is dominated by upcoming Nintendo Switch releases. Other than the PS4’s The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseko in ninth place, all other games are Switch titles. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Bayonetta 3 continue to sit in the top 5.
Meanwhile, Metroid Dread is in eighth place, behind Splatoon 3, and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Peal, which are coming out this November. Rounding out the top 10 is Super Robot Wars 30 in tenth place.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between July 29 and August 4.
1. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 652 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 618 votes
3. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 572 votes
4. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 543 votes
5. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 530 votes
6. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 337 votes
7. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 323 votes
8. [NSW] Metroid Dread – 251 votes
9. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Kuro no Kiseki – 239 votes
10. [NSW] Super Robot Wars 30 – 231 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]