Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games – as decided by votes from their readers – have seen Final Fantasy 16 being in or around the top spot (usually the former) for a number of weeks running at this point, and this week is no different, with the PS5-exclusice RPG coming in at No. 1 again. It has a narrow lead over Shin Megami Tensei 5 in second place, which hadn’t yet launched when voting for these charts took place.
There’s a lot of familiar faces in these charts. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have swapped places with Bayonetta 3 from last week, coming in at No. 3 and No. 4 respectively, as have The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel and Splatoon 3, which are placed in the fifth and sixth spots.
The entire top 10, in fact, is mostly dominated by upcoming Switch releases. With the exception of Final Fantasy 16 in first place and the PS5 version of Gran Turismo 7 at No. 9, all other games in the top 10 are Switch titles, including the likes of Triangle Strategy at No. 7 and Pokemon Legends: Arceus at No. 8.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between October 21 and October 27.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 832 votes
2. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 813 votes
3. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 694 votes
4. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 650 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 620 votes
6. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 485 votes
7. [NSW] Triangle Strategy – 334 votes
8. [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 321 votes
9. [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 – 318 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 299 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]