Tales of Arise and Final Fantasy 16 have been hovering around the top of Famitsu’s charts for most highly anticipated upcoming games (as voted by their readers) for a long time now, and it’s no surprise that the action RPG duo is in the top 2 positions once again. Tales of Arise takes the top spot, with a lead of 200 votes over the second placed Final Fantasy 16. And Final Fantasy 16 isn’t the only Final Fantasy game in the charts either, with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade coming in at ninth place.
Meanwhile, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel – which doesn’t even have a name yet, much less a release date – is continuing to pickup momentum. It’s still in third place, where it was last week, but has considerably more weights. Other elusive upcoming Switch exclusives like Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei 5 are also in the charts at No. 4 and No. 6 respectively, and between the pair are Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Splatoon 3, which is out some time next year, breaks into the charts, placing tenth, while Samurai Warriors 5 at No.7 and Pragmata at No. 8 round out the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between April 29 and May 12.
1. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 1,108 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 908 votes
3. [NSW] The Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 602 votes
4. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 551 votes
5. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 527 votes
6. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 498 votes
7. [PS4] Samurai Warriors 5 – 447 votes
8. [PS5] Pragmata – 376 votes
9. [PS5] Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade – 374 votes
10. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 350 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]