Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by votes from their readers, have been routinely seeing a specific selection of games dominating the top positions every week, and this week’s charts, too, see a lot of those familiar names in familiar positions. Monster Hunter Rise, which hadn’t yet launched when voting for these charts took place, occupies the top spot, which is where it has been for a number of weeks running now.
Final Fantasy 16 takes second place, trailing Monster Hunter by more than a couple hundred votes, and maintains a narrow lead over the game placed third, Bandai Namco’s upcoming action RPG Tales of Arise. The highly anticipated sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is placed fourth, while Resident Evil Village comes in at No. 5.
A number of Switch exclusives dominate the bottom five, including Bayonetta 3 at No. 6, Shin Megami Tensei 5 at No. 7, Rune Factory 5 at No. 8, and New Pokemon Snap at No. 9. Meanwhile, the upcoming NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is in tenth place.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between March 4 and March 10.
1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 880 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 607 votes
3. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 591 votes
4. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 463 votes
5. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 400 votes
6. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 345 votes
7. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 341 votes
8. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 304 votes
9. [NSW] New Pokemon Snap – 225 votes
10. [PS4] NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… – 201 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]