Last week (and several weeks before that), Final Fantasy 16 topped proceedings in Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by votes from the outlet’s readers, and it’s done so once again. Per usual, it maintains a healthy lead, with a gap of over 200 votes separating it from Splatoon 3, the game placed second.
Other than Final Fantasy 16, however, pretty much every single game in the top 10 is a Switch title- which, too, is not that uncommon of an occurrence. Alongside Splatoon 3, fellow upcoming Nintendo Switch exclusives Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Bayonetta 3 have also ranked high, coming in at No. 3 and No. 4 respectively, while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel is in at sixth place. Sandwiched between them is Dragon Quest 10 Offline at No. 5.
LIVE A LIVE, which is out in less than a couple of months, takes the seventh spot, while Pokemon Scarlet and Violet follow close behind in eighth place. Finally, Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak and Ushiro round off the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between April 28 and May 11.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 986 votes
2. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 777 votes
3. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 705 votes
4. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 702 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 673 votes
6. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 657 votes
7. [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 498 votes
8. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 456 votes
9. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – 451 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 350 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]