The dominance that Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 have had over the top spot of Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming titles has finally been broken. In the latest charts, at the very top is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which was just a couple weeks away from launch when voting finished for these charts, meaning that hype for the game was at a fever pitch. We can probably expect to see it on top for the next two weeks as well.
That said the rest of the top 5 is mostly Square Enix titles. Kingdom Hearts 3 is in second place, trailing Smash by just 3 votes, while Final Fantasy 7 Remake comes in at third. It’s followed by a rare non-Square Enix title in Resident Evil 2 in fourth place. Meanwhile, rounding off the top 5 is Dragon Quest Builders 2, which is actually featured twice in the list, with its PS4 version being in the top 5, and the Nintendo Switch version coming in at number 10.
Meanwhile, God Eater 3 is placed sixth, with Judge Eyes (or Judgment out in the west, as we now know) follows it in the seventh spot. Devil May Cry 5 and Catherine: Full Body round off the rest of the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 charts and the votes each entry received below. All votes were case by Famitsu readers between November 15 and November 20.
1. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 668 votes
2. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 655 votes
3. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 617 votes
4. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 – 482 votes
5. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 315 votes
6. [PS4] God Eater 3 – 295 votes
7. [PS4] Judge Eyes – 286 votes
8. [PS4] Devil May Cry 5 – 257 votes
9. [PS4] Catherine: Full Body – 252 votes
10. [NSW] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 227 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)