Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix Business Division 1
The Square Enix duo rules the roost yet again.
Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has released its latest weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, which is decided by votes from their readers. Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3 have been at the top of the list for months in a row now, and that remains unchanged, with the Square Enix RPG duo taking the top two positions respectively.
Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate also retains its hold on its previous position, coming in at number 3. Upcoming 3DS exclusive Persona Q2 follows right behind in fourth place, with the remake of Resident Evil 2 coming in at number 5. That’s a pretty solid top 5.
Meanwhile, Warriors Orochi 4 is not far behind Resident Evil 2, coming in at sixth place. God Eater 3 is at number eight, with PS Vita’s Romancing SaGa 3 following it in ninth place, and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga taking the tenth position.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between August 23 and August 29.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 509 votes
2. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 506 votes
3. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 470 votes
4. [3DS] Persona Q2 – 360 votes
5. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 – 310 votes
6. [PS4] Warriors Orochi 4 – 231 votes
7. [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories – 212 votes
8. [PS4] God Eater 3 – 204 votes
9. [PSV] Romancing SaGa 3 – 182 votes
10. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga – 173 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!