Meanwhile, Resident Evil 3 breaks into the top 10.
Just like last week (and many, many weeks before that), Final Fantasy 7 Remake has topped Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming video games, as voted by their readers. The RPG – which was recently delayed by a little over a month, has more than twice as many votes as the game placed second, Tales of Arise.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons, too, remains unmoved in third place, while Yakuza: Like a Dragon at No. 4 and Nioh 2 at No. 5 have swapped places from last week. Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers and the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild have both jumped up a couple of places, at sixth and seventh respectively, while Bayonetta 3 gets pushed down to No. 8. Cyberpunk 2077 and Trials of Mana both get pushed out of the top 10, making way for Resident Evil 3 and Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot at No. 9 and No. 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between December 19 and December 25.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 1,553 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 740 votes
3. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 590 votes
4. [PS4] Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 572 votes
5. [PS4] Nioh 2 – 507 votes
6. [PS4] Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers – 426 votes
7. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 376 votes
8. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 364 votes
9. [PS4] Resident Evil 3 – 336 votes
10. [PS4] Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot – 316 votes