A relatively unchanged top 5.
Famitsu’s weekly data for the most highly anticipated upcoming games – based on votes by their readers – is in, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake continues to dominate the top 10, sitting on top of the charts with a lead of nearly 300 votes. Project Sakura Wars also holds strong in second place, where it’s been for a while now.
Dragon Quest 11 S, which was in fifth place last week, has jumped up to No. 3 (with the game not having come out when voting took place). This means Pokemon Sword and Shield and Persona 5 Royal have both been pushed down by one place to round out the top 5.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has jumped up one place, taking the sixth spot, while Death Stranding remains firmly placed in the eighth spot. Meanwhile, there are a few new entries in the top 10 this week. Tales of Arise comes in at No. 7, Bayonetta 3 re-enters the charts in ninth place, while Yakuza: Like a Dragon (or Yakuza 7, as it’ll be called in Japan) rounds out the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between September 12 and September 18.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 1,134 votes
2. [PS4] Project Sakura Wars – 835 votes
3. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S – 691 votes
4. [NSW] Pokemon Sword/Shield – 660 votes
5. [PS4] Persona 5 Royal – 607 votes
6. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 477 votes
7. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 342 votes
8. [PS4] Death Stranding – 320 votes
9. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 298 votes
10. [PS4] Yakuza 7 – 279 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]