Meanwhile, Animal Crossing: New Horizons climbs to second place.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake has been dominating Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming video games since the day it was announced, with some off weeks here and there. Last week saw the game maintaining its healthy lead over all the other titles in the top 10, ad that’s the case once again this week, with Square Enix’s RPG enjoying almost twice as many votes from Famitsu readers as second placed Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
With Animal Crossing jumping up to the second spot, Bandai Namco’s Tales of Arise drops down to third place, and is followed by Nioh 2, jumping up from No. 6 to No. 4. Resident Evil 3 drops down to fifth place, while Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers also drops from No. 5 to No. 7, with the two of them sandwiching Bayonetta 3.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s unnamed sequel climbs to spots to No. 8, with Cyberpunk 2077 being pushed down to ninth place. Meanwhile, the game that refuses to release, Shin Megami Tensei 5, re-enters the top 10 at the tail end of the charts. You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between January 9 and January 15.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 1,511 votes
2. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 681 votes
3. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 597 votes
4. [PS4] Nioh 2 – 509 votes
5. [PS4] Resident Evil 3 – 485 votes
6. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 437 votes
7. [PS4] Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers – 429 votes
8. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 315 votes
9. [PS4] Cyberpunk 2077 – 268 votes
10. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 254 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]