Fortnite’s New Patch Adds Score Royale Mode, Rift-To-Go Item, and More
The patch also brings various minor tweaks, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
One of the great things about Fortnite is how regularly Epic Games updates, with new content like new weapons and new modes, and also with good old optimization. The new patch 5.30 for the game is now out, and it does the very same again, bringing a number of new things to the game, including the Score Royale Limited-Time Mode, the Rift-to-Go item, and more.
The new Score Royale mode is based on getting the highest score, and not just on getting kills. While getting kills does net you points, you will also earn points from performing other actions, such as opening chests, opening a supply drop, and more. The update also adds the Rift-to-Go item, which can be used to immediately teleport yourself into the sky, and once you do so, you will be in skydiving mode. Apart from these changes, the update also brings various other minor changes, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
If you want to know every single detail, you can check out the patch notes (as provided by Epic Games) below, which also included some changes to the Save the World mode.
Limited Time Mode: Score Royale
Earn points by collecting coins, opening loot containers and eliminating other players. The first to cross the High Score threshold wins the Victory Royale!
- Early game Storm circles are larger and the Storms move in more slowly, giving players more time to spread out and search for loot.
- Late game Storms move in fast! Earn enough points for the Victory Royale before they close in.
- Winning Score (Solo) 2000
- Winning Score (Duos) 3000
- Winning Score (Squads) 4500
- Use an Apple or Mushroom 10
- Open an Ammo Box 25
- Open a Llama 50
- Open a Supply Drop 100
- Eliminate an Enemy 100
- Open a Treasure Chest 50
- Find a Bronze Coin 30
- Find a Silver Coin 50
- Find a Gold Coin 100
Limited Time Mode: Playground
Playground has been updated with a couple dozen new ATK’s available, some more ramps to jump them off of, and a handful of new Rifts scattered throughout the map. Head to the hilltops and see if you can find them all.
Weapons + Items
- Rift-To-Go is a portable Rift that can be carried in inventory and deployed immediately.
- When activated, you are teleported into the sky and placed in skydiving mode.
- The Rift will remain at the location it was deployed for 10 seconds, allowing other players to use it.
- Epic rarity. Drops in stacks of 1 with a max stack size of 2.
- Can be found in chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops and Loot Llamas.
- Pump Shotgun equip time has been shortened from 0.96 seconds to 0.88 seconds.
- Double Barrel shotgun now has a spread reduction of 15% while crouched.
- Clingers will now only explode when their fuse has expired.
- Clingers will no longer explode if the object they are attached to is destroyed. They will be affected by gravity and fall until they stick to another object or their fuse expires.
- Impulse Grenade max stack size increased from 8 to 9.
- Bouncers now need line of sight of a player to activate.
- Added the ability to use Emoticons and Squad Comms while knocked down.
- Combat and Builder Pro Configs: Added functionality to the right stick click action that will cycle available traps if the player isn’t repairing or rotating a build piece.
- Added an option to auto-sort consumable items to the rightmost empty quick bar slot when picked up.
- Added smoothing to motion controls on platforms that support it.
- Lowered the dead-zone used for aiming on Xbox One controllers.
- Tuned controller input and accelerations to allow for more fine tuning when aiming.
- Fixed some very long hitches seen during long game sessions caused by the Replay System.
- Optimized loading of Outfits to reduce disk load during the early game (particularly skydiving). This should mean buildings and Outfits load faster.
- Improved building streaming performance on Xbox One and Switch. This will help buildings load in more quickly during skydiving, reducing the chances of landing on a low-detail model.
- Improved load times on Xbox One and Switch.
- Additional stereo content has been added to your own gunfire sounds.
- Laser Chomp tail swing audio adjusted to more closely match the animation.
- Added a display timer and new animation for Item Shop carousel tiles.
Save The World
Missions + Systems
- Defenders have gone to boot camp and received Defender Training! They now consume 33% less ammunition and weapon durability.
Horde Weekly Challenge 3 is now available!
- This week, prepare your forts for an endurance challenge: 16 waves of shorter wave phases, less time to prepare and faster enemies.
- Victorious teams will be able to choose from two legendary Flintlock weapons as their reward.
- The Horde Weekly Challenge quest is also repeatable for Event Tickets.
Shock Tower and TEDDY have been adjusted so that each player may only have one active at a time. This has been indicated in their respective Tooltips.
- While not currently possible, placing more than one TEDDY/Tower down while another is active will destroy the presently active one.
- Each player can still have 1 Teddy and 1 Shock Tower active at the same time.
Weapons + Items
Bundlebuss Assault Rifle is now available in the Weekly Store.
- Available from August 23 at 4 AM ET to August 29 at 8 PM ET.
- A surprisingly accurate multi-barreled Flintlock rifle that fires in powerful bursts. Its high damage and large magazine help compensate for a slow fire rate and heavy kick.
- Melee swing time Tooltips now read in seconds.
- Fixed a hitch loading into Horde zones with certain forts.
- New sounds for the Cyclone pistol added.